Monday 29 June 2009

Homecoming 2009 - Now Set to Music

This year is Scotland's Year of Homecoming, a one-off celebration of whisky, Robert Burns, inventions, and a couple of other things I can't remember off the top of my head, designed to appeal to tourists foreign and domestic. So far the weather has been great, and the pound weak, so there's rarely been a better time to visit Scotland. And in my capacity as a part-time musician, I've written a short tune about it:

Homecoming tune

At the end of the celebrations, timed for St Andrew's Night on 30 November, there is to be a big gig. Wouldn't it be great if at it they played my wee tune?

2 comments:

Dave said...

As Jimmy Carr said " Scotland...its not just Heroin and Shortbread.."

Robert Craig said...

No, there's rain as well.

You should be at the Scottish Parliament today, the Queen is here to celebrate 10 years of Devolution. The crowds are nearly 1 deep. I don't think anyone except the staff and members know or care about today.